Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

“Haberman's Survival Data" Set

AlyssaAlyssa Member Posts: 1 Learner I
I am looking to find the best performing classification model to predict if a patient will survive 5 years or longer after the surgery. I need to do a comparison for my class. Which, if any or all, of the below Classification models should I use?:

·         Decision tree

·         K nearest

·         Naïve bayes

·         ANN

·         SVM

·         Random forest

Thanks so much!

Answers

• jacobcybulskijacobcybulski Member, University Professor Posts: 391 Unicorn
    All these models are applicable to the classification task, so I suggest you try them all and see which gives the best validation performance. In the process you may need to explore your data and see if any pre-processing is required for each particular model and if distribution or label values indicates which performance measures are applicable to your data. Good luck.