Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

question about FOG/readability testing

kevinacekevinace Member Posts: 6 Learner I
Dear All
I am doing a research paper in Text Readability
1. How do I use Rapidminer to measure complex words (words with Syllabus more than 3). I 'google' for "rapidminer readability" or "rapidminer complex words" but have not found the page I wanted.
2. How to use measure if the targetted content has sentimental words? (I have the list of keywords in 4 different tabs of an Excel spreadsheet) 

I have seen few websites offer a free measure of FOG (and other) indexes, but if I simply use others' work, then there is no fun to learn rapidminer. So, thanks in advance for any advice for a new beginner like me :)

Thanks!

Kevin

Best Answer

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,531 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,
    there is no built-in readability index for documents

For sentiment, check the operators Extract Sentiment and Dictionary Based Sentiment. Both are part of operator toolbox extension.

Cheers,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • kevinacekevinace Member Posts: 6 Learner I
    Dear Martin

1. How do I setup parameter for Append and extract sentiment?
    what i did: read office file - append - extract sentiment - res
    Read office file: an article.doc
    append - auto (default)
    Error: wrong data: wrong input of type 'document' at port. (see screenshot)

2. I tried with Sentimental Analysis template, came up with 'positive prediction', confidence (-ve) 0.413, confidence (+ve) 0.587, which is wonderful. 
    But, is there a way I can import multiple data set?
    Also, is there a way to change the Sentiment keywords with a 4-tabs Excel spreadsheet I have prepared?

3. Although there is no build-in readability index in Rapidminer, if I have the formula ready, is there a way to use it?

4. Although there is no build=in readability index, is there a way to measure syllabus in Rapidminer, for example, there are 10 words in total, with 3 words with syllabus more than 3. 

Much appreciated!

Kevin