Choropleth Map Visualization Issue

amitdamitd Member, University Professor Posts: 49 Maven
While using the Choropleth visualization, I am running into an issue where the value used to display on the map is not the correct value (from the dataset) for a given country. For example, the happiness index score in the data for USA is 7.3, however, the map generated shows 4.3. The same issue seems to be happening with other numeric value columns displayed on the map as well.

Any idea why this may be happening?

Data and RapidMiner Process Link
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mKTu-V5QmfYfHSB_YuLlULykeBMwjR4a?usp=sharing 

Best Answers

• ceaperezceaperez Member Posts: 522 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Hi @avd

you need to Join your data by Country name, 

regards. 
  • ceaperezceaperez Member Posts: 522 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Hi @avd

please see attached the process that I worked on. 
    I used the csv files as inputs.

regards
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Solution Accepted
    Hi,

You have two options to join: "Name" or the "ISO 3166" country/state codes. While the latter is more or less fixed by the ISO standard (usually 3166-1 alpha-2), the former is a bit subjective and depends on the map implementation. You can however see the name in the tooltip when hovering over the boundaries within the map, which is the exact name your data needs to contain when joining by "Name".

Regards,
    Marco

Answers

• amitdamitd Member, University Professor Posts: 49 Maven
    edited March 2021
    While conceptually it makes sense, it does not work in my case. I've attached the image below. Any ideas, @ceaperez

Can you elaborate a bit on which table are we joining? Is it the geotable behind the map that is being joined? Is there a way to know the available attributes for this table being joined.
  • amitdamitd Member, University Professor Posts: 49 Maven
    I figured out that the data contained "United States" instead of "United States of America", which caused the issue. 

My earlier question though remains - 
    Can you elaborate a bit on which table are we joining? Is it the geotable behind the map that is being joined? Is there a way to know the available attributes for this table being joined.