Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

What happened to Davies-Boudin, used to locate the optimal k in the k-means model?

tonyboy9tonyboy9 Member Posts: 113 Contributor II
I know I've been using RapidMiner AutoModel a long time when the results for k-means model now fails to produce a value for Davies-Boudin. Most writers say use 'elbow' without bothering to display where the 'elbow' number comes from. If anyone knows where this is taught in RapidMiner, please send me the link. 

I depended on Davies-Boudin in the Results of AutoModel on k-means. Continue to add to the k number in results, run again. Once Davies-Boudin increases you've added too many ks. Go back and use the prior minimal k. 

Does anyone know where Davies-Boudin went in AutoModel Results?

This screen shot from an Academy tutorial shows Davies-Bouding = 2.833.

This screen shot shows k-means Results today. Where did Davies-Boudin go?

Best Answer

• ceaperezceaperez Member Posts: 541 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Hi @tonyboy9
    It's true, the results view losed some interesting information about models. There is a bugfix comments around this. 
    A possible way to fix it is adding a Cluster Distance Performance operator to the model proposed for Automodel module.

Best