Options

JAVA API for Rapidminer

ventlucventluc Member Posts: 11 Newbie
edited May 2021 in Help
Where can I find Java API (with documentation) for Rapidminer ? I would like to write a Java program and use Java API to connect to Rapidminer to use its features.   Thanks a lot in advance!

Answers

• Options
    BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi,

there's a Developer page on the docs site: https://docs.rapidminer.com/latest/developers/

Regards,
    Balázs
  • Options
    Sorry, but there is no reference to Java API there. Can you give me a direct link to the Java API?
  • Options
    BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi,

this is the official and current documentation that RapidMiner shares with the world.

If you google for RapidMiner Javadocs you will find older API references that might or might not work for your use case. But this is entirely unsupported. 
    If you are a partner developing a solution embedding RapidMiner, ask your account representative for further information.

Regards,
    Balázs
  • Options
    Sorry, we don't understand each other. If I go to the link you suggested me I only see this sections:
    • Learn how to create your own extensions; 
    • Learn what we have to offer for people who code in Python;  
    and there are no links to Java API or to JAVA API documentation!

Let me know,
    thanks.
    Luca
  • Options
    jwpfaujwpfau Employee, Member Posts: 279 RM Engineering
    edited May 2021
    Hi Luca,

I don't think we host the javadoc as html at the moment, but you can retrieve the jars from our maven.
    Just unzip this jar and open the "index.html" file with the browser of your choice.

The source code for the core is also available on github.

Greetings,
    Jonas

• Options
  • Options
    jwpfau , I have three questions:

a) what is the difference between the source code that I can  find in the two repositories you suggested to me?
    b) in the jar files I haven't found no html files: where can I find them? If I haven't a doc how can I understand to what each Java class  is useful for?

Thanks.

Luca
  • Options
    BalazsBarany  in that FAQ I find no trace of documentation of Java API for Rapidminer? If a programmer like me wants to write a Java program for RapidMiner how could he do without documentation?
  • Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,
    what do you mean with 'a Java Program for RapidMiner'? Usually i would say, that this is an extension.

BR,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    jwpfaujwpfau Employee, Member Posts: 279 RM Engineering
    edited May 2021
    Hi Luca,

A git repository is used for code version control, while a maven repository is used for dependency management.

You either need a tool like 7zip to unzip the javadoc.jar, or if you have "show file extensions" enabled you can also rename it to .zip and use the built in unzip tool of your OS.

The content should look like this:

But it's not really purposeful to read the javadoc of all these classes, just follow the tutorial for creating an extension and ask more specific questions in the community if you need to.

Greetings,
    Jonas
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    mschmitz In particular I wouid like to write a Java program (a chatbot) with machine learning\IA features (like TextMining)  using RapidMiner API for Java (this chatbout would implement an interactive  service desk  for users that need computer support)   and not by scratch. Is it possibile to do that using RapidMiner Studio Core  Java API Ver. 9.9.0? Does this API offer a GUI  that I could use for the chatbot or must I use some Java API (like Swing) ? Thanks.
  • Options
    Hi!! Can someone reply to my last post? Thank you. Luca