Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

"Sliding Window

brenniebrennie Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
edited May 2019 in Help
Hi
I've just tried RM5 and it is looking great thus far.  Really like the new design.  I was wondering if the Sliding Window Validation operator will be included.  Tried to import old process and this didn't work.

Also I've just upgraded to Office 2007.  Will I be able to import from the new format Excel and Access files using the Read operators for these. 

Thanks
Brent
Tagged:

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Brent,
    unfortunately there are no open source libraries for the new Microsoft Office formats. So we cannot include the libraries into the community edition.
    I will test why the Sliding Window Validation doesn't work.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    the Sliding Window Validation will now be part of the ValueSeries Extension, which will be published together with the final RapidMiner 5.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • brenniebrennie Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
    Great
    Looking forward to it.

Brent