Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Logistic Regression Losing 1 Polynomial attribute consistently

frederickfrederick Member Posts: 3 Learner I
edited October 2021 in Help
I have two polynomnials data columns, one being an age group that is has 5 attributes (e.g. 16-20, 21-30....) and another polynomial with 4 attributes (Tariff plan 1, 2, 3, 4). When applying the logistic regression model, one attribute does not show in the model. For example I lose Tariff Plan 2 and Age Group 31-40, every time I run the model.

In the cross validation ExampleSet there is no loss of data, but the logistic regression model does not show it.

If I try to change them from polynomial to numerical I see all the attributes in the Logistic Regression, but one shows no analysis. Since it removes collinear columns.

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,527 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,
    the model uses an one-hot encoding removing one column. Actually you only need classes-1 columns to contain all the information. If you do not want this: Please use nominal to numerical before hand.

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • frederickfrederick Member Posts: 3 Learner I
    I have tried to use nominal to numerical, but as I stated above, the Logistic Regression Model removes the co-linear columns (Tariff Plan 4 and Age Group 16=20).

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,527 RM Data Scientist
    Did you try to remove the remove colinear option?

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • frederickfrederick Member Posts: 3 Learner I
    Yes, but I wish to use the removed collinear columns for analysis? Sorry, I'm a noob, but It is removing 1 of each of my nominal to numerical columns such as Complaints = True, Tariff Plan = 4, International Plan = No...

I want to use all of these removed attributes for analysis.