Options

hello I cannot see my attributes after I choose the select attributes-subset option

AAnderson_22AAnderson_22 Member Posts: 2 Newbie
Hello team,
I loaded my dataset and I select attributes operator however I cannot see my attributes after I choose under the parameters subset. Any suggestion ?

Answers

• Options
    btibertbtibert Member, University Professor Posts: 146 Guru
    I have found that this is dependent on the fact that perhaps the operator is not aware of the metadata within the process.  I am currently on 9.10, and this has been happening pretty frequently for me (many operators).  A few tips:

- Under process, check synchronize Meta data
    - After connecting an operator where you can't see your attributes, attempt to run the process.  When the error shows up, click Run Anyway if possible.  You many need to do this a few times for the windows to show the proper attributes.
    - Finally, one solution might be to save the dataset to a repository in RapidMiner, as opposed to reading in a file at the start of your process. 

The latter tends to fix the problem more often than not, but is not a flow that works well in my case (teaching).

I hope that helps, and perhaps, there is a better way to ensure that the newly added downstream operators properly render the parameters for the attributes.  I don't remember this being an issue for me (or happening nearly as frequently) last year when I taught with RM (Spring 2021).
  • Options
    AAnderson_22AAnderson_22 Member Posts: 2 Newbie
    thanks a lot a for the information. I used the option process and then synchronize the data and it works. I still need to do some configuration, however I think I can progress now.