Rapidminer login college

Ellie98Ellie98 Member Posts: 27 Contributor II
Hey,

I logged in with my RapidMiner account in my college class but I don't have my repositories here. Aren't the repositories save atomatically if I login somewhere else other than my home PC? 

Thanks in advance,

Ellie:)

Best Answer

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Hi,

the repositories are stored on the computer executing RapidMiner Studio. There is no automatic synchronization between computers where you logged in. 

Many people process personally identifying or proprietary data with data mining tools such as RapidMiner. Confidentiality of user data is therefore extremely important.

There are many ways to synchronize repositories between computers. SyncThing, DropBox, Nextcloud, git and so on. But you have to do it yourself, as your data are your responsibility.

Regards,
    Balázs

Answers

• Ellie98Ellie98 Member Posts: 27 Contributor II
    Could you recommend to me which one to use? I'm building a new PC today and I want to get all repositories to my new PC later. @BalazsBarany
  • BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi!

If it's just a one-time migration, then you can simply copy your RapidMiner folder from the Documents folder and .RapidMiner from the home folder (usually a hidden directory) over, even with a USB thumbdrive or similar.

For ongoing synchronization of documents and data between computers (and/or mobile devices), SyncThing is a very good solution but it requires the devices to run at the same time, as it is peer to peer (doesn't need a server). For server based synchronization and sharing with others I use NextCloud. If you already have an account at a cloud storage provider (Office 365, Google, Dropbox, ...), it's probably easiest to use that. 

Git is a version control system. It is a bit hard to learn but many people already use it and it works well with RapidMiner repositories or projects.

Regards,
    Balázs
  • Ellie98Ellie98 Member Posts: 27 Contributor II
    Thank you very much! 😃 @BalazsBarany