Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Can´t start RapidMiner studio

User120159User120159 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited March 2022 in Help
Dear community,

after a while I tried to open RapidMiner studio. I´m already using .bat file to open, because "standard" start shows me Java error. But now I´m not able to open in via .bat file either. I tried to reinstall program but it didn´t help. It shows me following error.
SEVERE: Error while starting up RapidMiner Studio, Controller shutdown.
java.lang.NullPointerException
Whan can I do with it?
Thank you
Tagged:

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,531 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,
    can you please check the rapidminer-studio.log for the full log?
    Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • User120159User120159 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Where can I find it? It´s not in the C:\Users\...\.RapidMiner folder as it should be (I performed searching for the file at C:\ and didn´t find it)

Thanks,
    David

• jeisjeis Member Posts: 1 Learner I
    Hey,

I´m having the same problem, trying to open Rapidminer Studio I get this error.
    I´ve attached the log file, could you look into it please?

kind regards
    Josh
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,996 RM Engineering
    Hi Josh,

You're starting RapidMiner Studio with Java 17. Unfortunately, we only support Java 11 at this point in time. The error you're getting is a direct result of that.

Regards,
    Marco