Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Enquiry on model's settings

AizatAlam_129AizatAlam_129 Member Posts: 14 Contributor II
Hi,

As part of our journal article revision submission, I was asked by the journal article's reviewer to include the specific settings for each algorithm we used in RapidMiner's auto model (we used all except SVM).

We explained that we did not report them for easy understanding. However, we were told that the settings are very sensitive and important to report when machine learning is utilized. For instance, the number of neurons (or, hidden layers) in NN makes a huge difference in the prediction rate. In terms of gradient boosting, which condition (e.g., sci-kit learn, extreme boosting, etc) was utilized? In the case of a random forest, how many trees were set as the range to be selected?

While I look forward to insightful replies from community members here, I'd also welcome and would be more than happy if I could be referred to any resources or publication that can help me with this specific enquiry.

TIA

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,528 RM Data Scientist
    there is some parameter optimization going. So the best way to get the chosen parameters is to use the save results button the far lower left of the AM screen. You afterwards have all the details in the repository. Each algorithm has one folder with an object called "Optimal Parameters" which includes the chosen values.
    Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • AizatAlam_129AizatAlam_129 Member Posts: 14 Contributor II
    @mschmitz, I couldn't find any information relating to the settings of each algorithm under "optimal parameters" at the repository.
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,528 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,
    did you store the results of AM first?
    BR,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • AizatAlam_129AizatAlam_129 Member Posts: 14 Contributor II
    @mschmitz yes i did