Replacing Miscoded Values/terms

jlajla Member Posts: 11 Learner I
Hi! My data set should only include these entries: Positive and Negative. However, there are miscoded entries such as Neg, NEG, and Pos. I tried the "Replace" operator for a couple of times now but some correct entries change too. For instance, I want to change Neg to Negative, the entries with the correct word Negative become Negativeative. How can I correct this?

Best Answer

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Hi!

^neg.* would be a good expression, especially if you switch on case-insensitive matching.

^ means "beginning of the string". This makes sure that your text starts with "neg". The .* after it is "any sequence of characters". This will match neg, negative, negativeative etc.

Replace is good for replacing text that you can express as a regular expression. If you have a list of values, Map can be easier to use without regular expressions.

Regards,
    Balázs

Answers

• jlajla Member Posts: 11 Learner I
    I think I just figured it out right now, but I still don't know if it's right. I used the "multiple arbitrary characters" and it worked for me though I'm not sure if it really is the correct way to do it. 
    The second process I used is just the regular expression "negativeative" and it also worked somehow. I viewed their differences in the results and they don't have any so far. Which method do you think is more appropriate to use?
    Just tried it on my previous processes and it worked! Thank you so much @BalazsBarany ! :smiley: