Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Problem in Connecting Twitter

jlajla Member Posts: 11 Learner I
Hi! I am required to connect my twitter account and it says in the instruction that I should click "Request Access Token". I left my Twitter account open in my browser but something pops up (see attached picture below) and I don't know what to do. Can someone help me please?

Best Answer

• jwpfaujwpfau Employee, Member Posts: 303 RM Engineering
    Solution Accepted
    Hi,

maybe it's listed as "OpenJDK Platform binary"

Greetings,
    Jonas

Answers

Hi,

you can also click on the "Show URL instead" action link and copy and paste the link manually into your browser. You should receive a 7 digit number that you can paste into ❷ Copy Code.

- What Browser are you using?
    - Can you share the error message (under "Show Details")
    - Or even better from the rapidminer-studio.log?

Greetings,
    Jonas
  • jlajla Member Posts: 11 Learner I
    Hello, @jwpfau
    I'm using Google Chrome as my browser. I cannot copy the twitter link manually in RapidMiner.
    Here is the error message and the studio log.

Hi,

it seems like RapidMiner can't connect to the internet at all.

- Are you behind a proxy?
     - If not can you try to set the Settings → Preferences → Proxy Setting to "Direct (no proxy)" 

- Did you maybe declined the internet connection request on the first start?

Greetings,
    Jonas
    Hi,

It's still the same after I changed the Proxy Setting to Direct (no proxy). 

I am not sure though, whether I declined the internet connection or not. 
    Hi, 

you can check if "java.exe" does have a checkbox for "Public" in the "Windows Defender Firewall" → "Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall" setting.

Greetings,
    Jonas
    I don't think I have java.exe here.
    edited May 2022
     I also don't have OpenJDK. I started to reinstall RapidMiner and it's still the same.

EDIT: IT JUST APPEARED RIGHT NOW WHEN I RESTARTED RAPIDMINER. WHAT SHOULD I DO

Hi,

click on "Allow access" otherwise RapidMiner won't be able to connect to the internet.

Greetings,
    Jonas
    Should I also check the box for private networks?
    @jwpfau i allowed access to it but, it's still the same. I guess I'll just try to download it on macbook and see what happens. Thank you though for your help!! I'm sorry for taking too much of your time :<<