Filter

TuanNguyenTuanNguyen Member Posts: 4 Newbie
I couldnot connect a operator ("Filter Examples") to its data source ("Titanic data"). Please help  

Best Answer

• ceaperezceaperez Member Posts: 517 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Hi @TuanNguyen

I had the same problem with a specific version of Rapidminer, something about of the metadata mapping. I solved it with a new installation of the last version.
    please check that you have the last version.

Best, 

Cesar

Answers

• ceaperezceaperez Member Posts: 517 Unicorn
    Hi @TuanNguyen
    The connection is in the opposite way, the Out port of retrieve Titanic Dataset must be connected with the Exa port in Filter Examples operator.

Best

Cesar
  • TuanNguyenTuanNguyen Member Posts: 4 Newbie
    Hello ceaperez.

Thank you for your answer. 

I have followed the RM tutorials, and just done as you suggested (Out port from Titanic-training connected to Exa port of Filter Example).

However, when I tried to create a filter, the RM system did not show the list of attributes of Titatic data (which let me type manuallly the attribute name). I attempted to load the meta data of Titantic-training but the filter condition has not yet  created.

I revisited the Tutorials and undertood that the reason is the Filter operator not connected to its data source (ie Titatic-training set) but did not know to fix this problem.

Please advise.
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Hi @TuanNguyen where did you take titanic from? The samples folder or a file?

If it is a file, please make sure to run the import wizard.

BR,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
    Thank you, mschmitz.

I took Titanic data from RM samples folder.

When I attempted to retrieve data from file with Import wizzard, data imports looks OK but my problem is still with Filter Example operator that could not show the list of attributes (inherently in meta data of Titanic), which forces me manually enter the name of attributes. 
    Hello ceaperez.

I will install the newest version of RM and retry it.

Thank you for your sharing.