Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Where are Building Blocks stored?

c_cheec_chee Member Posts: 19 Maven
I managed to create a new Building Block by right clicking on a subprocess, and giving the Building Block a name.

Then I go to Edit menu -> Insert Building Block.
Here I can see the named Building Block I just created, but WHERE are these building blocks located?
Why does it NOT give me a location option when I first saved the Building Block?

Thanks

Best Answer

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Hi!

Building Blocks are XML files in your home folder. That's ~/.RapidMiner/ on Linux and probably somewhere in your Documents folder on Windows.

They are global to one user on one computer, not restricted to a project, repository or process.

If you want to share them e. g. in a server repository or project, you could for example create a template process and put the building blocks into that. Other users can then open the process and copy the building blocks they need.

Best regards,

Balázs

Answers

• c_cheec_chee Member Posts: 19 Maven
    I've also discovered the Settings -> Manage Building Blocks.

So it looks like Building Blocks are functional entities but they must be kept globally and available to all. We cannot create a Building Block for one project or one process, rather it will be available globally once created. Is that right?
  • c_cheec_chee Member Posts: 19 Maven
    Thanks for that Balazs