Import Data Where to Store the Data Dialog hangs - 2022, importing titanic (or any other data)

decuserdecuser Member Posts: 2 Newbie
I am following the introductory tutorials included in Rapidminer 10.0.000 on Mac. I have clicked the add data button, selected the Titanic+Data.xls file that I downloaded (or any other csv, xls file) and without changing any settings, clicked next until the import starts. The screen:

Appears and the pencil moves back and forth forever. If I click the red exit button for the window, it appears that the import is successful with 1309 rows imported.

I am about to start an analysis with several million rows of data and this dialog hanging is affecting my confidence that the data import process is reliable. Is this a known problem and is there a solution.

Thanks,

Will
Tagged:

Answers

• decuserdecuser Member Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited December 2022
    Oh, and is there a way to troubleshoot this? I looked in .Rapidminer/rapidminer-studio.log but didn't seen anything informative.

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

The problem is annoying (and will be fixed), but purely cosmetic. The dialog simply fails to close once the import is done since the last release, but that is not related to the actual import function working.

You will notice that the data imports (and opens) just fine in the background. You can manually close the dialog after import until this is fixed.

Regards,
    Marco