Options

Just updated to 10.1 studio for mac

TzortzisTzortzis Member Posts: 5 Learner I
Despite that, yet is running as an intel process utilizing rosetta and not utilizing complete M1 resources.....  - what a pity!  - I have massive delays on loading studio - looking for minutes splash screen initializing modules that there weren't with v.10

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Solution Accepted
    Hi,

Unfortunately, we do not yet officially support M1 ARM processors. We would need to upgrade Java for that and a few other bits and pieces.

Though I must say, 5 minutes seems very extreme, even on the oldest MacBooks I have never seen loading times close to that.
    Even having installed many extensions on a slow computer would get you maybe upwards of 1 minute.

As a related sidenote, we have observed startup taking longer since version 10 (not coming close to your time though), so we are looking into improving that at some point later this year.

Regards,
    Marco

Answers

• Options
     more than 5 mins in operators

• Options
    Thanks, @Marco_Boeck
    I measured again after a reboot with nothing running in my mac, and it is exactly 2 minutes. Five was out of my fantasy. Sorry.

Looking forward to downloading an M1 arm-enhanced version later !!!!!