Options

rapidminer-studio-osx-10.1.2.dmg for Mac OS - Will not install in Applications Folder?

lanemlanem Member, University Professor Posts: 29 Maven
Hi Rapidminer Support and Community
Seeking help with the following problem only today 17th May 2023 just identified with reinstalling rapidminer-studio-osx-10.1.2.dmg for Mac OS - Will not install in Applications Folder of Macbook Pro running BigSur 11.7.6 keeps giving error: The operation cannot be completed because you do not have permission access to Rapidminer Studio and another error saying MacOS cannot identify if this application contains malware so it will not install this application. I have asked another staff member to try and install on another Mac machine and they got same error and it will not install
Your help and advice on this error - rapidminer-studio-osx-10.1.2.dmg for Mac OS - Will not install in Applications Folder

Will much be appreciated regards Michael

Answers

• Options
    This error I am getting when trying to install rapidminer studio version 10.1.2 for Mac I have full admin access rights
  • Options
    Made some progress on this by overriding privacy and security settings in system preferences - will advise when I get this fully sorted but can run latest version Rapidminer Studio 10.1.2 on my Mac but still somewhat convoluted way to do it
  • Options
    jwpfaujwpfau Employee, Member Posts: 295 RM Engineering
    edited May 2023
    Hi Michael,

Thank you for the error report.

Did you drag & dropped the RapidMiner Studio app into Applications, or when did the "permission to access" error occured?

Greetings,
    Jonas
  • Options
    Hi Jonas I still get the permission to access error when I try drop Rapidminer Studio dmg file into Applications folder but now it will allow me to open and run dmg file from downloads folder any thoughts to how I can get the dmg file installed into Applications folder? Could I simply open and copy folders and contents into new version of Rapidminer Studio just don’t want corrupt any file etc Many thanks in advance regards Michael
  • Options
    jwpfaujwpfau Employee, Member Posts: 295 RM Engineering
    Hi Michael,

a dmg (disk image) is not much more than a zip file, for RapidMiner Studio it contains the application, a shortcut to the Applications Folder, and a custom folder background image.
    If your system allows you to extract it into the download folder you could first rename the old Applications/RapidMiner Studio.app as a backup and place the new one there.

Greetings,
    Jonas
  • Options
    Many thanks Jonas I try your suggestion and advise accordingly whether this works regards Michael