The Altair Community and the RapidMiner community is on read-only mode until further notice. Technical support via cases will continue to work as is. For any urgent requests from Students/Faculty members, please submit the form linked here.
Options

Is Rapidminer the right tool?

ObolongoObolongo Member Posts: 1 Newbie
This is my first approach to the world of data minig, so I kindly ask for your patience.
i have a list of projects (several thousands) with various asociated fields. These fields are not standardized nor homogeneus. On the other hand, I have multiple sources of scattered information: pdf tex, web pages, databases, etc. My objetive is to assign, based on the associatade fields, two values to each project according to the sacattered information. These values are “theme” and “geographic location”. Can RapidMiner help me with this, or am I completely los?

Answers

• Options
    BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi!

This is a large project, and RapidMiner can help with it, using some free extensions.

You can use the Web Mining extension to import web pages. You can access databases and get information from there. The Text Processing extension provides methods for text classification and can read text from PDF files. 

RapidMiner can easily work with thousands of attributes and messy data.

Regards,
    Balázs