Options

connection refused when run text extract from image

User146577User146577 Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited July 2023 in Help
i was trying to extract  text from an image and when using the operator of 'detect text(OCR) ', iT returned with notification of connection refused, anyone how how to solve this,thanks

Stanley
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,516 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted
    Hi,
    the library internally downloads models from
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tesseract-ocr/
    It looks like you are behind a firewall or something, meaning that you cannot get any connection to it.

Any chance you can whitelabel github?

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,516 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,
    can you please provide the details? No way to see whats going wrong here without the details.

Best,
    Martin
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    thanks Martin,please find the details as follow
    1.png 90.1K
  • Options
    well noted,i will try to find ways of connecting to github,thanks
  • Options
    It looks like Github was blocked by our national firewall , is it possible to download the resource to local computer from Github, then i can connect to resource in local package instead of connecting to Github every time running operator of 'detect text(OCR) '
  • Options
    edited July 2023

you can indeed download the files manually and put them into

$HOME\.RapidMiner\extensions\workspace\rmx_image_processing\performance_optimized_tesseractData\
    or
    $HOME\.RapidMiner\extensions\workspace\rmx_image_processing\speed_optimized_tesseractData\

Best,
    Martin

Dortmund, Germany