Options

Process failed, why?

NatKesRuuNatKesRuu Member Posts: 2 Newbie
Hi,
When I try to run a simple process (you know the introduction: Add the Titanic data as input and connect the retrive box output to the result with a line, then pressing Run) I get a report saying this:

• Exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
  • Stack trace:
  • java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.(Unknown Source)
  • java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.(Unknown Source)
  • com.rapidminer.studio.concurrency.internal.LazyPool$Instance.getForkJoinPool(LazyPool.java:177)
  • com.rapidminer.studio.concurrency.internal.AbstractConcurrencyContext.getForkJoinPool(AbstractConcurrencyContext.java:218)
  • java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
  • com.rapidminer.studio.concurrency.internal.AbstractConcurrencyContext.internalCall(AbstractConcurrencyContext.java:253)
  • com.rapidminer.studio.concurrency.internal.AbstractConcurrencyContext.call(AbstractConcurrencyContext.java:122)
  • com.rapidminer.studio.concurrency.internal.StudioConcurrencyContext.call(StudioConcurrencyContext.java:33)
  • com.rapidminer.Process.executeRootInPool(Process.java:1448)
  • com.rapidminer.Process.execute(Process.java:1412)
  • com.rapidminer.Process.run(Process.java:1382)
  • com.rapidminer.Process.run(Process.java:1268)
  • com.rapidminer.Process.run(Process.java:1221)
  • com.rapidminer.Process.run(Process.java:1216)
  • com.rapidminer.Process.run(Process.java:1206)
  • com.rapidminer.gui.ProcessThread.run(ProcessThread.java:64)

Why did the process failed? 
I totally new to this program, just downloaded Rapid Miner Studio today and noticed that my license is "uninitialized". 

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,516 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,
    this looks odd. Even if you did something wrong you should receive a proper error message.

Can you share the process itself?

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    NatKesRuuNatKesRuu Member Posts: 2 Newbie
    Hi, 

Problem solved. It looks like it was my license that wasn't initialized. When I logged into RapidMiner later and retried to run the process, everything worked fine. I don't know why, but it seems like there was an delay between the registration and when the license started to work. 

Thank you anyways for your help.

Best regards,
    Natalie