Options

Longitude & Latitude data decimals

littlepatoslittlepatos Member Posts: 2 Newbie
I have a dataset with longitude & latitude data which looks like 12.631454 and I am trying to transform the data to a number using "Change type" and decimal character 0.00 but when I do this it replaces the numbers with a single ? Even when I am trying to convert another column which has Ratings data and has numbers 4.5, 5 etc it converts the integer correctly but the float is replaced with a ? I have gone into Preferences and set Fraction Digits from Numbers to 9 and Fraction digits of percent values to 4.  Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?  I've googled and searched the forum but can't seem to work it out.  Thanks
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi!

Are you using TurboPrep?

The "decimal character" needs to be just one character, in your case the dot (.). 0.00 is a format string which you can't use in this context.

Fraction Digits in the Preferences only apply to the display of numbers, not the processing.

Regards,

Balázs