Site Licensing for Education?

segjerdingensegjerdingen Member Posts: 1 Newbie
I signed up for a license for myself to use Rapid Miner as I work at an Education institution.  Is there such a thing as a 'site license' for academic, or do all faculty and students need to register themselves on the website?


  • Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,509 RM Data Scientist
    i will connect with you via email and connect you to the right person within Altair.

    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    DXFDXF Member, University Professor Posts: 3 Contributor I

    We do have two main options for you and your students to get free access to RapidMiner.  All of these options require the faculty to annually register the class on our website (takes less than 2 minutes)

    1. You and your students can request licenses for their own computers using the RapidMiner website and go to either the section For Students or For Professors.  This is the process you just did.
    2. For USA only - You can request a department/campus license so students can use the software in the labs provided by the University.   This is a floating license that your IT department will maintain since it requires a license server set up. This license can be accessed by anyone on your campus, they just need to be on the network/VPN.  
      1. This option requires a “Discovery” meeting with Altair, with the faculty and the head of department to help understand where else these free licenses can benefit the university. 
    3. You can combine both of these if you feel this is what is best for you and your students.
    US contact is Darius Fadanelli - dxf@altair.com

Sign In or Register to comment.