Options

Does Rapidminer have python built in?

kimjkkimjk Member Posts: 19 Maven
Hello, I am currently trying to use Python Transformer or Execute Python operator.
I understand that if you specify the python environment in Preferences, you can import the package installed there.

1. I would like to know whether there are any limits to the packages that can be imported, and if so, what types of packages are possible.
2. If anaconda or another python environment cannot be installed on the computer and cannot be specified in Preferences, are there any packages installed in RapidMiner itself? For example pandas?

Thank you for always providing quick answers to questions.

Best Answer

• Options
    CKönigCKönig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 70 RM Team Member
    Solution Accepted
    Hi kimjk,

the answer to both 1 & 2 is: to use Python within RapidMiner, you need an existing Python environment. RapidMiner does not have any python environment or libraries built in. Since you have full control over your own python environment, any package you provide can be used in RapidMiner. Keep in mind that you need a compatible environment including all libraries used for deploying processes containing python operators.

You can find detailed information in the documentation: RapidMiner and Python - RapidMiner Documentation