Options

Question about Operator ports' naming and super operator structure.

HaoyangHaoyang Member Posts: 19 Learner I
Hi,

1. I am building my own extension where I want to change the port name of the operators after execution. For example, I have an operator taking different inputs consisting of a string name, if the operator gets a string saying "APPLE" during execution, can I change the input port name to "APPLE" simultaneously, or is the port name only be fixed when defining the operator in JAVA?

2. I am building a super operator, I noticed the extension called "Custom Operator" where you can turn a process into an operator, I want to know whether it is possible to define the inner structure of a super operator when coding in JAVA in a similar way, or is the super operator can only be blank when following the Rapidminer's definition in JAVA without using custom operators extension?

3. A minor problem is I am using lots of "Multiply Operator" in my process and they take up much space, I cannot simply connect two input ports from one output port. Can I change the size of my operators of is there a more elegant way to do the one-to-many multiplying?

Thank you!

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,511 RM Data Scientist
    on 1:

Port names are static. If you check the XML you will see that the process definition defines everything by name of the port. So you cannot change it. The only way would be to hide ports and show a new one. But i think even for this you need some work around.Β 

In general i think its a bad idea to change the operator definition within execution.

on 2:
    I don't know any example for this. It is potentially possible, but would need quite some tricks.

on 3:
    well, technically you can change the size of the operator in the xml. But that doesnt help you I think.

Can you maybe share what you are working on? I would love to try.

BR,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany