Options

Switch from basic auth parameter to HTTP Connection Secret

StephenW68StephenW68 Member Posts: 2 Learner I
edited December 2023 in Help
I have a number of processes which use API calls, using the operator "Get Page". These must authenticate to the API endpoint, with a "Request Property" named Authorization, with value "Basic blahsecretblah" 

I realize that the Base64 encoded string contains the password in an easy to retrieve form, so I'd like to better secure that secret.
Also, when I do my quarterly password rotation, I have to edit like 30 "Get Page" operators spread over 20 processes, aka time consuming. Our project is still growing.

I'm hoping I can fix both those issues at the same time by switching to using the "HTTP Connection Secret" connection type. But I'm not sure how to use it. The "HTTP Connection Secret" has these fields, "URL FIlter", "Identifier", "Identifier placeholder", "Secret", "Secret Placeholder"  it's not clear to me how to populate those fields, nor how to get the "Get Page" operator to use the connection as it has no input for connection like the DB operators do.

Answers

• Options
    jwpfaujwpfau Employee, Member Posts: 281 RM Engineering
    Hi Stephen, 

currently the HTTP Connection Secret is only supported by the rest operators, maybe you can replace the Get Page operators with GET (REST)?

Greetings,
    Jonas