Options

Using decision tree on titanic

alexisrdalexisrd Member Posts: 2 Learner I
This may sound like a dumb question but i am trying to create a decision tree using the titanic dataset but I always end up failing.I am trying to have  male/female separated(which works) and right after i want the separation for both of them to be based on age or passenger class.Instead of that it keeps getting different separations (for example, passenger fare for female and number of parents/children for male).What should i do?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    rjones13rjones13 Member Posts: 168 Unicorn
    Hi @alexisrd,

Have I understood correctly that you want to manually choose the splits in the decision tree? One option if you're using Altair Units and v10.2+ is to use Interactive Analysis, where you can then choose the splits. Would this be an option for you?

Also just a follow up question, is this to explore the data, or simply a desire to control the model you create?

Best,

Roland
  • Options
    alexisrdalexisrd Member Posts: 2 Learner I
    I am using the studio version.Basically i just want to display different versions of the titanic using decision trees but i keep on getting weird pipelines on the tree,so i guess it's just a desire to control the model.Thanks for the fast reply I appreciate it @rjones13