Options

Unable to Start Rapid Miner

kywesolkywesol Member Posts: 2 Learner I
Hello, When I try to open Rapid Miner Studio nothing happens. My mouse starts the circling motion (like it's loading something) and then nothing happens or pops up. I have already restarted my computer. 

After reading some articles it sounds like the 'RapidMiner-Studio' Windows Bath File tells you what the issue is. I am getting the below text when I open this file up. 

I am a student at SIUE using this application for our 'CMIS 566 Introduction to Business Intelligence and Analytics'. Any help would be appreciated. 

Java Version: 11.0.16
Launching RapidMiner Studio GUI now...
WARNING: package com.apple.eawt not in java.desktop
WARNING: package sun.lwawt.macosx not in java.desktop
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.rapidminer.tools.ExtensibleResourceBundle (file:/C:/Users/kwesolowski/OneDrive%20-%20Holland%20Construction%20Services,%20Inc/Desktop/Kyle's%20PC/Spring%202024%201%20-%20CMIS%20566%20Introduction%20to%20Business%20Intelligence%20and%20Analytics/RapidMiner%20Studio/lib/rapidminer-studio-i18n-10.3.0.jar) to field java.util.ResourceBundle.parent
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.rapidminer.tools.ExtensibleResourceBundle
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

Answers

• Options
    rjones13rjones13 Member Posts: 168 Unicorn
    Hi @kywesol,

Do you have any versions of Java already installed, and in the global path?

Also a couple of extra questions: which version of RapidMiner Studio. and has it worked previously or is this on first launch?

Best,

Roland
  • Options
    kywesolkywesol Member Posts: 2 Learner I
    @rjones13

I figured it out. When I downloaded the Rapid Miner it didn't save in the right locations of my 'programs' folder. This was caused by user error when I accidentally clicked a different location during the installation launcher program. 

It's in the right location now and works perfectly. Thanks for your help!