Options

Macbook 14.1.1.RapidMiner Studio.app” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Bin.

FBeksFBeks Member Posts: 2 Newbie
Hi, I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Rapid Miner on my Macbook pro multiple times but it refuses to open.

1. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing multiple times
2. I have tried installing multiple versions
3. I have tried to right-click and click and open
4. I have tried to run from the terminal /Applications/RapidMiner Studio.app/Contents/Resources/RapidMiner-Studio/RapidMiner-Studio.sh
5. I have tried going into the privacy setting to make sure that "Allow applications downloaded from Amywhere"

If I double click on the app it says: You can’t open the application “RapidMiner Studio.app” because it may be damaged or incomplete.

If I run it from the terminal I get: “RapidMiner Studio.app” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Bin.

after trying all of the things listed the application refuses to launch.

I am on Mac Book pro with Sonoma OS ver 14.1.1

Appreciate any help
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    FBeksFBeks Member Posts: 2 Newbie
    Solution Accepted
    I found a workaround for now. I wouldn't say it's a solution but I can work at least. So instead of dragging the app file to the applications folder the way the instructions say I can just run it directly in the unmounted drive and it works. If I drag it to any folder it will not run. So it seems to be some type of restriction which I cannot figure out.

Answers

• Options
    ThomasMcKThomasMcK Member Posts: 1 Newbie
    I have the same issue, this just stopped working and I can't open RM on a Mac any longer.
  • Options
    balags77balags77 Member Posts: 2 Newbie
    I have the same problem, tried it today. Dont have any solution so far.