Options

"You can’t open the application “RapidMiner Studio” because it may be damaged or incomplete."

BooramBooram Member Posts: 36 Contributor I
Once downloaded on my Mac OS, I opened the program but kept getting an error message: "You can’t open the application “RapidMiner Studio” because it may be damaged or incomplete." I have tried to delete and re-install, I have restarted the computer and I even tried to download from different browsers: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc ... None of the downloads are opening or working, and I keep getting the same error message. I believe the download itself may be corrupted or compromised in some way, but it seems that I am the only one having this issue. Please note that we are required to download and install version 9.10, and this is an older version on the download site. Please let me know what I can do to ensure I have the proper application installed, I have attached a screenshot image of the error message for your reference. Thank you for your kind attention to this matter! please find the screenshot for your referrence. 
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
     I am running Sonoma version 14.2.1 and this is the latest version of the OS.
  • Options
    jwpfaujwpfau Employee, Member Posts: 281 RM Engineering
    Hi Booram,

i've heard about this issue before but could never encounter in person.

- You have downloaded the 9.10 version from https://my.rapidminer.com ?

- Have you been connected to the internet while extracting the app from the .dmg file?

- Have you tried to first delete RapidMiner Studio from the Applications folder and then to install it again?
    They mention this here as a possible solution:
    https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-Fusion-Discussions/How-do-I-repair-Fusion-after-getting-a-quot-damaged-or/td-p/2066260

Greetings,
    Jonas
  • Options
    Thanks for the respone, yes  i have downloaded the rapidminer 9.10 version from offical site. 
    Yes i have connected to the internet while extracting the app. 
    I have gone through the link that you have shared i dont find any solution there, can you please guide me where you are referring in that link? Please help with the solution as soon as possible 

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

I'm afraid I have to point out that macOS 14 is not officially supported as of yet: https://docs.rapidminer.com/latest/studio/installation/system-requirements.html
    Usually new OS versions just work, but sometimes things change behind the scenes and require adaptations on the application's side. Unfortunately, I do not have a timetable regarding support for macOS 14.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    Thanks for the response, so can you please help with the source where can i find how to get ride of the issue in Mac OS 14? That would be helpful 
  • Options
    is there a way i can connect on call so that that would help faster and close the issue?please help here as soon as possible
  • Options
    edited March 1
    Hi Booram,

can you try to open a Terminal and run:
    bash /Applications/RapidMiner\ Studio.app/Contents/Resources/RapidMiner-Studio-App.sh

Greetings,
    Jonas
  • Options
    okay after that what will i would get from there?
  • Options
    Hi Booram,

This should also start RapidMiner Studio.

Greetings,
    Jonas
  • Options
    edited March 5
    Yeah but the issue i am facing is i am not able to download the rapid-miner, without installing I am not able to open it right. 
  • Options
    Hi @jwpf Yeah but the issue i am facing is i am not able to download the rapid-miner, without installing I am not able to open it right. please help with this as soon as possible
  • Options
    Hi Booram,

what do you mean by "Not able to download"? 

What happens if you click on your operating system on https://my.rapidminer.com/nexus/account/index.html#downloads

Greetings,
    Jonas
  • Options
    Hey @jwpfau It takes to the download page but it's the issue here is am not able to download the file , please help with this issue asap as its has been going on from last 20 days, if possible can you please come on call so that we can have better clarity on the steps what i was  doing