Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Knn-classification o regression

kiran2004kiran2004 Member Posts: 3 Learner I
am trying to do knn in my process, and my requirement is to get knn classification not Knn regression, but i am getting KNN regression model somehow. why so ? how can i get KNN classification? i have gone through all the tutorial processes but still not bale to get the KNN classification .

Answers

• ceaperezceaperez Member Posts: 541 Unicorn
    Hello @kiran2004,

in both cases the operator is the same, the main difference is the dataset and the label (target)
    if you have numerical attribute in a continuos space as label you are attempting a regression model, but if you have a discrete label polynominal attribute, like {yes, no} or {0,1}, etc, you have a classification model.  

best, 

César