Options

Has there been any recent development where in Cat Boost is now available in rapidminer

kanikani Member Posts: 5 Newbie
While doing accuracy calculations in python better results were observed in Catboost model as compared to SGD, XGB, LGBM. Can any one share if catboost operator functionality is achievable in rapidminer.

Answers

• Options
    rjones13rjones13 Member Posts: 168 Unicorn
    Hi @kani,

I don't believe there is a prebuild operator for a Catboost model. However you should be able to integrate it into your workflows using a Python block or similar. If you'd like some help getting started, please let me know.

Best,
    Roland
  • Options
    We have limitations imposed to not use a python block as it needs installation of packages on server. Any other round about to solve the issue. 
  • Options
    Would you be allowed to use R? I'm guessing not for the same reason?
  • Options
    Yeah, not even R is allowed, just to use the inbuilt operators
  • Options
    In that case, I don't think Catboost will be available to you right now. It would require the creation of a new operator. I'll message you to gather some further information.
  • Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,511 RM Data Scientist
    Catboost is just available in python/c++, not in java. there will be no way of integrating it without python or JNI bindings.
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    okay, thanks for the update.