Options

Does Generative Models Qdrant Vectorstore use GRPC API rather than REST API by default?

fangkuoyufangkuoyu Member Posts: 11 Contributor II
edited April 14 in Help
I have tried a process with two operators, i.e., "Retrieve" operator and "Get Collections (Qdrant)" operator. But,

- the process is ok under "docker run -p 6333:6333 -p 6334:6334 qdrant/qdrant:latest", and
- the process is failed under "docker run -p 6333:6333 qdrant/qdrant:latest" (the error message is _InactiveRpcError: _InactiveRpcError of RPC that terminated with: status = StatusCode.UNAVAILABLE, details = "failed to connect to all addresses; last error: UNAVAILABLE: ipv4:127.0.0.1:6334: Connection refused")

According to the document of Qdrant on https://qdrant.tech/documentation/quick-start/, REST API uses port 6333 and GRPC API uses port 6334. Does Generative Models Qdrant Vectorstore use GRPC API rather than REST API by default? Can we use REST API for accessing a local Qdrant server?

Thanks

Frank

Best Answer

• Options
    anushanush Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
    Solution Accepted
    Hi. RapidMiner does use Qdrant's GRPC interface, which defaults to port 6334. The connection params are "uri' which can be set to the GRPC address and an optional "api_key".

Answers