The RapidMiner community is on read-only mode until further notice. Technical support via cases will continue to work as is. For any urgent licensing related requests from Students/Faculty members, please use the Altair academic forum here.

Confusion regarding precision vs weighted precision

shashwat001shashwat001 Member Posts: 22 Learner I
in Help

The question is related to the project. In connection with Performance Metrics - Classification. I'm struggling to identify the metrics name in rapidminer list of performance metrics. Whereas in the course material we defined accuracy, Precision, Recall and F1 Score. In rapidminer the list of output in Performace only has a match with Accuracy. Can you help me identifying which Rapidminer metrics relate to Precision, Recall and F1 Score?

Best Answer

• rjones13rjones13 Member Posts: 191 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Hi @shashwat001,

Precision, Recall, and F1 Score are metrics for Binominal Classification - i.e. you can only have one of two possible answers. In Performance (Classification), we expose the performance metrics for classification problems with more than two possible answers. For Precision and Recall, I would recommend looking at the Weighted Mean Recall/Precision options. I don't believe we've enabled the F-measure metric for multi-class problems, but it should be fairly easy to calculate using the formula if it's needed.

Best,

Roland