Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Process Mining in Rapidminer

KevishKevish Member Posts: 3 Learner II

Hey!

I'm currently working on my Master's thesis, which focuses on improving Process Mining visualizations to enhance user interaction within Moodle, the Learning Management System. I'm using RapidMiner for this project and have been experimenting with the following operators:

Attached are a) the visualizations I've generated so far and b) a sample of the dataset, c) the process .rmp file. However, I've have a few questions that I'd greatly appreciate some help with:

1) Is data preprocessing essential for achieving effective visualizations, even if my primary goal is to just visualise the process?

2) When working with event logs, do I need to specifically select examples that have a clear beginning and end point for process mining?

3) While using the "Data table to event logs" operator, should I include the date attribute?

Tagged:

Answers

• Guru_CharanGuru_Charan Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
    Hi Kevish, as far as my knowledge data preprocessing is quite effective before visualization. Because it helps to filter the data and remove any unwanted information.