Options

Grid Optimization including cost matrix of Metacost

Stefan_EStefan_E Member Posts: 53 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi all,

is there a way to include MetaCost cost matrix in grid validation?
I tried to enter something like "[0 1; 1 0]" with or without the quotes into the Optimize Parameters (Grid) operator; with quotes, it at least gets to the 'right' side - but when I re-open the editor, the data seems gone?
Thanks for your help!

Greetings - Stefan

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Stefan,
    unfortunately this is not possible inside the optimization settings editor. But you might utilize macros for setting the costs. You would have to insert macro operators defining the macros, insert the macros into the meta cost cost matrix and finally set the macros' values with the grid optimization.

By the way, I'm now answering your third post today. Did you thought about buying an enterprise edition for getting support and support us? :)

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    Stefan_EStefan_E Member Posts: 53 Maven
    Sebastian Land wrote:

By the way, I'm now answering your third post today. Did you thought about buying an enterprise edition for getting support and support us? :)
    Hi Sebastian,

sorry about so many questions  ::) - but it's indeed time that you guys get a big complement for the absolute great support you are giving to us unpaying users! I can immagine that this costs you a lot of time each day, but is highly appreciated! - I don't dare to immagine what support I'd be eligible to if I was paying!

So far I'm still doing this data mining in my private time - personally, I strongly believe there is a nugget here, but I haven't found it yet. So it's difficult to make the case at this moment. So let's hope that I can show one or the other success case rather sooner than later!  ;)

I'll keep you posted on progress here... (hopefully not with too many questions....) !

Stefan

[... and I'll think about the macro solution a little further when time allows! Thanks! ]