Options

"Text Mining Plugin"

B_MinerB_Miner Member Posts: 72 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Hello all-

First, I am seriously impressed with v. 5. The Gui is very nicely done and all of the example files showing processes and operator usage is very much appreciated. I looked at Rapid Miner a few times and abandoned the older versions because of frustration. These are some great improvements,

The one question (for now :)) I have is how to load the Text Mining Plugin? Is the 4.6 installer (exe) incompatible with 5.0? I get the following error:

Cannot install plugin: no installation of Rapid Miner was found!

Thanks!
Brian

Answers

• Options
    RalfKlinkenbergRalfKlinkenberg Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, RMResearcher, Member, Unconfirmed, University Professor Posts: 68 RM Founder
    B_Miner wrote:

The one question (for now :)) I have is how to load the Text Mining Plugin? Is the 4.6 installer (exe) incompatible with 5.0?
    Hi Brian,

for RapidMiner 5, you do not need to download any plugin installers.  Simply start RapidMiner 5, select the Help menu, there select Update RapidMiner, and then choose the RapidMiner extensions you would like to install and finally click Install. That's it.

Best regards,
    Ralf
  • Options
    B_MinerB_Miner Member Posts: 72 Contributor II
    Thanks very much. Now for <maybe> an even easier one, is there a way to get the sample data and examples from the Text mining plug in to show up under Samples and be able to use them along with the others that came with Rapid Miner 5?
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    the problem is, the text mining extension currently has no samples :/ Unfortunately we didn't manage yet to create new ones.
    And we are working hard to allow extensions to add own samples to the samples repository.

Greetings,
      Sebastian