Options

Using diagrams from Rapid Miner in an RCP application based on Eclipse

kgestrichkgestrich Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

I am trying to use the generated diagramms from rapid miner in an Eclipse based RCP application.

I can run Rapid Miner remotly from my application, but I have problems to display the Swing based diagrams in my SWT / Eclipse (Equinox) based RCP.

I can display the diagrams in a simple SWT application but not in Eclipse. There I get the following error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at de.vogella.rcp.intro.editor.editors.MyPersonEditor.createPartControl(MyPersonEditor.java:99)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:662)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:462)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:595)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.setVisible(PartPane.java:313)
<snip ...>

I am using the class org.eclipse.swt.awt.SWT_AWT with the methods new_Frame() or getFrame()

If someone has any idea or experience implementing Swing in an Eclipse RCP, please help me.
Thank you in advance
Klaus

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Klaus,
    I'm not a jurist, but I doubt that you are allowed to do so anyway. RapidMiner is AGPL3 and as far as I know Eclipse is EPL and this is not compatible? I guess you would need an OEM license of RapidMiner to do so.

Greetings,
      Sebastian