Options

"Would the v4.4 tutorial apply to v5?"

zwasdlzwasdl Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi,

I'm new to RapidMiner, and plan to use it for my data mining work. I viewed all the tutorial videos for v5, and found they are very helpful as an introduction. But to get a systematic understanding of this application, I need to dig deeper into documents. I notice that it's not currently available for version 5. I wondering if I can use the 4.4 manual. Will it be good enough for me as a starter, or it will cause more confusion since the GUI has changed completely?

Thanks a lot,

Wei

Answers

• Options
    RalfKlinkenbergRalfKlinkenberg Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, RMResearcher, Member, Unconfirmed, University Professor Posts: 68 RM Founder
    Hi Wei,

the basic concepts of RapidMiner 4 still apply to RapidMiner 5. Hence, in order to better understand these basics, the RapidMiner 4.6 PDF tutorial can still be helpful.  A more up-to-date version of the RapidMiner PDF tutorial is currently being written.  Hence for now, the best and most up-to-date way to get started with RapidMiner are the introductory videos: and the RapidMiner Online Tutorial. After starting RapidMiner, go to the Help menu and select RapidMiner Tutorial. The RapidMiner Online Tutorial features more than 50 exemplary data mining processes for many different aspect of data mining along with explanatory texts. These exemplary processes can be modified and run and hence provide an interactive resource for quickly getting started with RapidMiner.

Best regards,
    Ralf