Problems/Comments on Reporting Engine

dragoljubdragoljub Member Posts: 241 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hey Guys,

First of all amazing job with the reporting engine. It will truly help RM excel. I have been playing around with generating reports for the past few days and here are some of the problems I have noticed.

1. A parallel root process will generate garbled reports, perhaps force the reporting operators run in series. (I guess I can also create a sub-process)
2. Image size setting does not change output when larger than 800x600. Any size large than that defaults to the small size. How can I generate full page figures (8.5x11 inch)
3. Tree graphic crops long attribute labels in nodes. Also zoom level is not controllable, sometimes trees are too dense.
4. Scatter Matrix does not produce any image output, even for only 2 attributes.
5. I cannot see what the Section Level setting is for, does it just help select between font sizes?
6. Generate Report --> Configure Report always defaults to A4 portrait, very annoying if you want to always print landscape and need to change font sizes.

Thanks. I hope the feedback helps,
-Gagi

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Gagi,
    thanks for your comments. You might add the scatter matrix bug to the bugtracker.

I can't say much about the other points unless I know, which kind of report you are generating.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • dragoljubdragoljub Member Posts: 241 Contributor II
    Hey Sebastian,

I am just generating a standard PDF report without a template. Basic white background and white text.

Probably the most useful features would be to zoom into trees so they can fill up more of the page they are displayed on, and to be able to control column widths. I will add the bugs I find to the bug tracker.

-Gagi
    Sebastian Land wrote:

Hi Gagi,
    thanks for your comments. You might add the scatter matrix bug to the bugtracker.

I can't say much about the other points unless I know, which kind of report you are generating.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    yes a proper tree arrangement would be really nice, but will cost much development power in relation to it's usefulness. So this has to be delayed, until we have the time to do this (or someone buys the time to do this).

Greetings,
      Sebastian