Options

"WTP-Metadata-Error in Rapidminer5-zip"

steffensteffen Member Posts: 347 Maven
edited June 2019 in Help
Hello

As the headline suggests, I have downloaded rapidminer5.0.zip (is this the final release ? there was no official announcement, was it ?) and still have problems with this error. What do I have to do to make it compile. I would fix it myself, but yeah, I do not have any clue.

thanks in advance

Steffen
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Steffen,
    there's an official announcement in the forum as well as we sent mails to everybody that has subscribed on our newsletter. Didn't you receive our mail? :)
    I controlled that the src_generated directory is part of the zip file. So everything's fine. Did you add it to the class path, or in eclipse declared it as source folder?

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    Hello Sebastian

Coincidence, I have got the mail an hour after I started this thread.

Regarding the problem: I have double checked that all four source folders are on the build path. Honestly, I have done nothing but using the option "import-existing project into workspace".

I have tried to build the project via ant anyway, so this happened:

Buildfile: /home/steffen/workspaces/rapidfun/rapidminer/build.xml
    clean:
        [echo] Cleaning...
      [delete] Deleting directory /home/steffen/workspaces/rapidfun/rapidminer/build
        [mkdir] Created dir: /home/steffen/workspaces/rapidfun/rapidminer/build
        [mkdir] Created dir: /home/steffen/workspaces/rapidfun/rapidminer/javadoc
    version.get:
    version.updateFiles:

BUILD FAILED
    /home/steffen/workspaces/rapidfun/rapidminer/build.xml:478: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /home/steffen/workspaces/rapidfun/rapidminer/build.xml:507: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/steffen/workspaces/rapidfun/rapidminer/installation/version.nsi (No such file or directory)

Total time: 1 second
    If you need more information, just ask. One the other hand, if you can give me directions where I can investigate, don't hesitate, too. Some idiot has given me a cs diplom, maybe it is worth something ;)...

greetings,

steffen
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Oh,
    that's a surprise. I think it will solve your problem as soon as you create a file with this name, regardless of it's content. I didn't thought about that one can not log into a non existing file. Doesn't make sense to me. Anyway, if you would like add it to the bug tracker, feel free. My Bug Commit quota for today is exhausted :)

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    Thanks for the help so far

I have created this file in the installation directory and rerun the ant-script. As a result, it first deletes the com.rapidminer.Version-file (as described in the ant-target "version.updateFiles"). Then ...

BUILD FAILED
    /home/steffen/workspaces/rapidfun/rapidminer/build.xml:478: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /home/steffen/workspaces/rapidfun/rapidminer/build.xml:515: Warning: Could not find file /home/steffen/workspaces/rapidfun/rapidminer/licenses/short_license.txt to copy.
    as specified by "<property name="license" location="licenses/short_license.txt" />". Yes, this file is missing (in the zip-file).

I guess the easiest way is that you find a clean computer and try to build rapidminer there.

thanks again

steffen

ps: I added an entry to the bugtracker (http://bugs.rapid-i.com/show_bug.cgi?id=289), but I'd prefer to discuss THIS issue in this thread.
  • Options
    Hi,
    thank you for the entry in the bug tracker, so it won't be lost over the next time. I doubt I will find the time for solving that issue in the next days.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    boattradeboattrade Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
    I had the same problem. I was able to copy the short_license.txt file from the plugin example zip files into the licenses directory of the tree and that seems to have fixed the issue. This file appears to contain only a commented out short version of the rapid miner GNU Affero General Public License in it and no code. With that file in place, a JAR file was easily generated. I'm uncertain the legal ramifications of posting a copy of the file here, so I'll refrain from doing so, but the solution seems easy enough (especially if you have a copy by virtue of having purchased the excellent plugin documentation for RM 5.0).
  • Options
    Yeah, I thought about that, too.

Adding a file called short_license.txt with no text solves the problem, too. The WTP-metadata-error remains and the build-output is overflowed with warnings, but it worked !

Here is the part of the warnings (beside the code stuff) which may be interesting:

[javac] warning: [path] bad path element "C:\workspaces\rm\rapidminer\lib\jung-api-2.0.jar": no such file or directory
       [javac] warning: [path] bad path element "C:\workspaces\rm\rapidminer\lib\collections-generic-4.01.jar": no such file or directory
       [javac] warning: [path] bad path element "C:\workspaces\rm\rapidminer\lib\colt-1.2.0.jar": no such file or directory
       [javac] warning: [path] bad path element "C:\workspaces\rm\rapidminer\lib\concurrent-1.3.4.jar": no such file or directory
       [javac] warning: [path] bad path element "C:\workspaces\rm\rapidminer\lib\jung-algorithms-2.0.jar": no such file or directory
       [javac] warning: [path] bad path element "C:\workspaces\rm\rapidminer\lib\rapidminer.jar": no such file or directory
       [javac] warning: [path] bad path element "C:\workspaces\rm\rapidminer\lib\jdbc\jcifs.jar": no such file or directory
    All left to do now is excluding the rapidminer-project from the problems-console and the hacking can begin.

best,

steffen
  • Options
    Hi,
    did anyone find the .jar file whose meta data point on these files?

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    Sorry, no  :(.

By the way, which jar-file would list "rapidminer" as dependency (except plugins) ?

greetings,

steffen