Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

How to ignore a column?

Legacy UserLegacy User Member Posts: 0 Newbie
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi all,

My table is a csv file with columns X1,X2,Y1,Y2, and I would like to fit separately Y1 = f(X1,X2) and then Y2 = f(X1,X2).

How do I tell the rapid miner to ignore the column Y2 when fitting the Y1?

Victor

Answers

• steffensteffen Member Posts: 347 Maven
    Hello Victor

using (for example) FeatureNameFilter" switches Attributes off. If you want to perform both fittings within a single process, I further the suggest the usage of "IOMultiplier" and "IOSelector" (see manual for details)

something like this:

<operator name="Root" class="Process" expanded="yes">
        <operator name="IOMultiplier" class="IOMultiplier">
            <parameter key="io_object" value="ExampleSet"/>
        </operator>
        <operator name="skip_Y1" class="FeatureNameFilter">
            <parameter key="skip_features_with_name" value="Y1"/>
        </operator>
        <operator name="here_goes_Y2=f(X1,X2)" class="OperatorChain" expanded="yes">
        </operator>
        <operator name="IOSelector" class="IOSelector">
            <parameter key="io_object" value="ExampleSet"/>
        </operator>
        <operator name="skip_Y2" class="FeatureNameFilter">
            <parameter key="skip_features_with_name" value="Y2"/>
        </operator>
        <operator name="here_goes_Y1=f(X1,X2)" class="OperatorChain" expanded="yes">
        </operator>
    </operator>
    hope this was helpful

greetings

Steffen
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    Yes it was.

Could you also add a feature to the data import wizard: column type = {id, attribute, label,...} -- add "Ignored" to this list ?

For the newbies like me.

• IngoRMIngoRM Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    We will think about it. Actually, you could also use the operator InteractiveFeatureWeighting if you want to deselect features by a click - but this can sometimes be a lot of work  ;)

Cheers,
    Ingo