Options

Importing data into repository

maurermaurer Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,
is there any way to import multiple files into repository at once? I have about 100 csv files in a directory which I would like to import and it's quite tedious to do it manually.

cheers,
maurer

Answers

• Options
    haddockhaddock Member Posts: 849 Maven
    Greetings!

Motaz had a similar question, so this http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,1731.msg6958.html#msg6958 might be of interest.
  • Options
    haddock wrote:

Greetings!

Motaz had a similar question, so this http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,1731.msg6958.html#msg6958 might be of interest.
    Thank you for your helpful answer, but I still have one problem.
    As I import data from csv manually RM labels some columns with 'integer' label which is not true because they have floating point values. If I automate the loading procedure all the data in those columns is loaded as 'integer' and I lose plenty of useful information. What can I do to prevent such behavior?
  • Options
    haddockhaddock Member Posts: 849 Maven
    Hi there,

Without seeing the data I can't be too helpful; however, the CSV reader is pretty reliable, so the answer probably lurks in the data. For instance, if your column separator parameter is the default setting then a misplaced space can screw things up, and so on.

Good luck!

• Options
    haddock wrote:

Hi there,

Without seeing the data I can't be too helpful; however, the CSV reader is pretty reliable, so the answer probably lurks in the data. For instance, if your column separator parameter is the default setting then a misplaced space can screw things up, and so on.

Good luck!

Hi,
    using ReadCSV operator "solves" the problem. It works but still there's a funny thing about data. The column is recognized as integer but floating point values are stored. As long as it works it's however no problem to me.