Options

Import data from MSExcel2007

ratheesanratheesan Member Posts: 68 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

Can we import data from MS Excel 2007 to RM.

Thanks
Ratheesan

Answers

• Options
    steffensteffen Member Posts: 347 Maven
    Yes ...

;)

Rapidminer5.0:
    Import->Data->Read Excel

if this should not work, export it to *.csv from excel and use
    Import->Data->Read CSV

hope this was helpful,

steffen
  • Options
    arnabarnab Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
    When I try to import data from excel, it is discarding the decimal values of some of the columns and considering the column as integer instead of real/numeric. I am not sure hot to get rid of this problem.

Thanks
    Arnab
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    this is a valid problem. We are working on this. As a workaround save the file as .csv, insert the Read AML operator and use the Start Data Loading Wizard to import the data. This should work anyway.
    The next update will solve the excel file issues hopefully once and forever.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    munromunro Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    As you are probably already aware, the problem also exists when trying to import a csv file created in Excel as well. The AML operator does work as a workaround.
  • Options
    ThiemeThieme Member Posts: 19 Contributor II
    Hello,

I've installed the RM version 5.0.006 today, but there is no support for Excel 2007 in the "Read Excel Operator", right?
    Using the data in Excel 2003 format instead causes no type detection. I think this was possible in release version .004. ????

Thank you for any hints,
    greetings
    Sabine Thieme
  • Options
    dragoljubdragoljub Member Posts: 241 Contributor II
    I had this same problem. I got around it by exporting to csv from Excel 2007 then using read AML operator and the wizard in the operator to accurately read the data types. Lots of things to look out for, quoted nominal attributes, comment characters comma/semicolon delimitation. Once all the settings are right it should work.

-Gagi
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    these import wizards are currently revised for offering more flexibility. With one of the next updates, they will become available.

Greetings,
      Sebastian