Options

Problem connecting Rapid Miner 5 to maxdb

RobertkRobertk Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello,

I have got a problem when trying to read data from a maxdb-database (former sapdb).

I've added a new database driver inside Rapid Miner (Tools -> Manage Database drivers) and used the operator "Read Databases". The URL to the database is:

jdbc:sapdb://<dbserver>:7210/<dbinstance>

Unfortunately I get an error when running the process:

"Cannot create example set meta data: Database error occurred: [getTypeInfo][-4004] (at 798): Unknown table name:SYSODBCTYPES."

I tested the connection with another database-program (Squirrel SQL client) with the same url, user and password, which works fine; So I'm assuming that the database-driver itself is not the problem.

Any help on this?

Thank you

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    if you click on the test connection button in the manage Connections dialog, does the green ok icon show up?

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    RobertkRobertk Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
    Hi Sebastian,

the connection test also throws an error "[getTypeInfo][-4004] (at 798): Unknown table name:SYSODBCTYPES" (no green light)
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    that's a little bit difficult to debug for me without having the MaxDB. You already googled for that error? It's definitivly thrown by the driver and not by RapidMiner, so I cannot say too much to this issue without having it here.

Greetings,
      Sebastian