Options

Guidance required...

vyronadvyronad Member Posts: 12 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi All,

I am new to data mining. I am able to run sample processes. But, where can I find documentation on each algorithm/operators, as what they do, perform and when to use them?

My task is to implement data modeling and identify fraudulent records / patterns on transaction table.

Please guide me as I am completely new to data mining.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Veeranna Ronad.

Answers

• Options
    haddockhaddock Member Posts: 849 Maven
    Greetings Veeranna,

You have my sympathies, datamining seems daunting when you are first confronted by something as diverse as the Rapido tool box. But this is just a jargon problem, once you learn the vocabulary all will be well, trust me, I'm an idiot and I can understand some of it.

Unfortunately Rapido's main strength is not its documentation for beginners; come to think of it, documentation is not that brill, full stop. But remember, you're getting plenty of bang for absolutely zip money, and these guys have to eat as well, so it is right that users should contribute to their own education. Actually I've seen plenty worse on megabuck systems.

If I had my time over again I'd speed up my learning by using Wikipedia as my dictionary for Rapidminer. In your case you could go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_mining and quickly see that your task looks like a standard classification task, then you could whizz through the Rapidminer samples ...(Β  01-Learner/11 Applier looks handy ). Then you can build and get fancy!

And if I had one tip, it would be ' don't guess, check you understand'...

Good weekend.

• Options
    vyronadvyronad Member Posts: 12 Contributor II
    Thank you very much Haddock.