The Altair Community and the RapidMiner community is on read-only mode until further notice. Technical support via cases will continue to work as is. For any urgent requests from Students/Faculty members, please submit the form linked here.
Options

"Create Association Rules Hangs in Results View"

dragoljubdragoljub Member Posts: 241 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Hey Everyone,

I have been experimenting with FPGrowth, however every time I switch to the results view to explore the list of created association rules RM hangs when "Creating Display".

Anyone else experiencing this?

It seems that this is highly dependent on the number of features analyzed. When using more than say 30 features the results view will hang but the FPGrowth program can quickly handle such large data sets.

-Gagi

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    if the number of association rules is very high, creating the displaying table might last a few seconds.
    More seriously, there was a bug (or say a new feature with undesired side effects) in the last release, that causes the display creation to hang some time if an example set with a great number of examples was displayed. If you connect an example set to your output, this might cause the "hang".

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    dragoljubdragoljub Member Posts: 241 Contributor II
    Right, I have noticed this hanging problem as well as if I right click and select show example set result for the generated rules. This will be fixed in the next release I'm assuming. Thanks! : )

-Gagi
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    I'm currently deploying the next update release with that issue fixed. Should be available in a few hours on our update server and on source forge.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    geschwadergeschwader Member Posts: 16 Contributor II
    dragoljub wrote:

Hey Everyone,

I have been experimenting with FPGrowth, however every time I switch to the results view to explore the list of created association rules RM hangs when "Creating Display".

Anyone else experiencing this?

It seems that this is highly dependent on the number of features analyzed. When using more than say 30 features the results view will hang but the FPGrowth program can quickly handle such large data sets.

-Gagi
    Still have the same problem with association rules in the newest version of RapidMiner  :-[