Options

Growing memory usage after every run of a process

guitarslingerguitarslinger Member Posts: 12 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi there,

I am using RM 5 on a Vista Machine, having assigned 1.1 MB Heap Space to Java.

Every time I run a process, the memory needed for running the current run seems to build up on the previous memory usage. When the process is finished, no ram is freed up, usage stays on that level.
I only can run a process 4 to 5 times, then RM crashes and I have to kill all Java Processes in Vista, no other way out.

What can I do?

thx in Advance
GS

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    which version of RapidMiner do you use? I remember, that we have removed such a bug a few updates before...
    By the way: I'm heavily using RapidMiner, but this does not occur on my machine.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    MartinKochMartinKoch Member Posts: 16 Contributor II
    Hi,

other questions:

first: did you really assigned 1.1 MB (!!!) oder did you mean about 1 GB?

second: Did you clear your previous results in the "Result Overview" tab (for example in the Results perspective)? It's maybe a stupid question but if you run a process which generates a lot of data (like complex models) maybe you run out of heap because you did not delete your previous results from the "Result Overview" tab.

Maybe I'm really wrong though, so the question to everybody would be if the previous process results are automatically cached to disk or held in memory.

Greetings,
    Martin
  • Options
    guitarslingerguitarslinger Member Posts: 12 Contributor II
    Hi Martin,

1. I meant 1,1 GB
    2. you are right, exactly that was my mistake  :-[

Thx for your help

Regards GS