Options

Plugin not found in RapidMiner 4.X

pablucu5pablucu5 Member Posts: 15 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
I've tried to add a custom control to RapidMiner 4.4 and I wasn't able to do it. I think I've done all the steps in the right way but It is not working. Here it is what I've done:

1) I downloaded RapidMiner 4.4 and I can run it from Ecplise without any problem.

2) I Added a new package in com.rapidminer.myoperators with a new class called OperatorSkeleton (yes! It is the famous OperatorSkeleton example). There are two warnings, one in the getInput method and another in the getOutput method. But it runs ok.

3) I Compiled it by running the build.xml as Ant Build and It went perfect.

4) I made a new folder called /Dir. This is where I'll create the jar file for the plugin.

5) I created a com/rapidminer/myoperators folder inside /Dir

6) I created a /META-INF folder inside /Dir

7) I went into the /build/com/rapidminer/myoperators folder and copied the SkeletonOperator.class and pasted it in /Dir/com/rapidminer/myoperators

8) I put in /META-INF two files: MANIFEST.MF and operators.xml

The content of MANIFEST.MF:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.7.0
Created-By: -
Implementation-Vendor: -
Implementation-Title: -
Implementation-URL: -
Implementation-Version: 4.4
RapidMiner-Version: 4.4
RapidMiner-Type: RapidMiner_Plugin

The content of operators.xml:

<operators>

<operator
name ="OperatorSkeleton"
class ="com.rapidminer.myoperators.OperatorSkeleton"
description="Test 1.0"
group = "MyOwnOperators"/>

</operators>

9) Then went to console mode, go to /Dir and type
jar cvf myjar.jar com META-INF
So I had a brand new JAR with the OperatorSkelenton operator

10) Put it in $RapidMineHomeFolder/lib/plugins

11) Run the $RapidMineHomeFolder/RapidMiner.exe and... The operator is not there.

What is the problem?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    to be frankly: I don't have a clue. RapidMiner 4.4 is around 2 years away, now. I would suggest dating up to at least RapidMiner 4.6, where the things should be compatible or even better to RapidMiner 5.0. The Extensionmechanism there is much more sophisticated than in 4.x and a white paper is available that describes in detail how to build extensions.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    pablucu5pablucu5 Member Posts: 15 Contributor II
    Hi,

The problem was the point 9. I was not creating the jar file in the right way.

jar cvfm <jar_name> <$dir/MANIFEST.MF> <$META-INF folder> <$package_name_folder>