Options

notification e-mail of the execution of the process

andrea_colettaandrea_coletta Member Posts: 17 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi. I have a problem about the e-mail notification. Because I have to execute a process which take a lot of time I would be receive an e-mail if the execution takes more than a minute. But RapidMiner can't send the e-mail.
Someone could help me???
Thank you

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    could you please be a little bit more detailed about the error message?

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    Here is the error message in log of execution of the process

Apr 16, 2010 10:24:09 AM SEVERE: Must specify sendmail command to use sendmail.

I have defined the e-mail address in the options of root process,but RM can't send the e-mail. Why not?
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    you have to got to the preferences, switch to the tab tools and select an appropriate mail protocol for submitting the mail. normally you will make use of smtp, so switch rapidminer.tools.mail.method to smtp and set host, port, user and password for the mail server.
    If you want to use the unix sendmail, just enter a path to the program in rapidminer.tools.mail.sentmail.command.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    I have setted the e-mail parameter in the tab Preferences for e-mail notification, but RapidMiner launch this exception

Apr 19, 2010 2:58:47 PM SEVERE: Cannot send mail to graziocoletta@virgilio.it: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: out.virgilio.it, port: 25;
      nested exception is:
    java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

So i can't receive e-mail notification.
    Someone coud help me?
  • Options
    fischerfischer Member Posts: 439 Maven
    Hi,

could that be a firewall problem?

Cheers,
    Simon
  • Options
    no, it couldn't. The firewall is Ok. I don't know why I can't an e-mail notification. Could you help me?
    Thank you
  • Options
    fischerfischer Member Posts: 439 Maven
    Can you contact the given host and port outside RM?

Cheers,
    Simon